- Being a victim - I never was very good at it anyway. I am far too stubborn and independent.
- Abusive relationships - I care enough about myself to not let anyone hurt me physically or emotionally.
- Friends who really weren't - This was tough for me, I found it harder to separate from them than an abusive lover.
- Being manipulated by someone who says they care - If they really cared they would not do this.
- Needing to be needed by anyone - I no longer need the validation of someone being dependent on me.
- Trying to fix someone who is broken - It is not my job to change anyone, they get to be exactly who they are.
- Helping someone who has no desire to help themselves - Really just code for Enabling.
- Being Unhappy - I have an amazing life and am very grateful for it.
- Feeling bad about myself because someone else is petty or shallow - I finally have found true self respect and will not let anyone put me down or make me feel less than I am.
- Spending time with people who do not deserve me - My time and energy are very valuable and life is much too precious to waste on those who cannot appreciate me or what I have to offer.
- Worrying - It's just borrowing trouble and giving energy to what I don't want to happen.
- Control - Everything happens for a reason and for the best, I have to let it be.
- Holding myself back - I am going full speed ahead into this wonderful life and enjoy every single minute of it!
Sunday, February 15, 2015
What I Gave Up
It occurred to me recently just how much I have changed in the past 10 years and how wonderful it is that I can now put some of those old issues behind me and really move on with my life. In order to do that I really needed to finally give up some of those things that were holding me back.